FIRE Assessment – Employee
Relationships – Others:
As mentioned previously the second greatest commandment according to Jesus is to love others as ourselves. Love is a verb rarely discussed in the workplace. Instead of loving people many organizations use people and love money. The primary areas we tried to address with the assessment include:
- Showing respect and dignity for others
- Investing time and compassion with others
- Humbly honoring and serving those around us
Out of 50 possible points in the Relationships - Others section the average score of our sample employees was 40.
If any of these areas are of concern to you here are some strategies that may help.
Strategy 1: Respecting Others
- Consider all of the people that you typically relate to throughout your day. Which ones are you most likely to disrespect? (Don’t forget your family.)
- Considering that they have been made in the image of God, what might you do today that would show them respect? Go do it.
Strategy 2: Investing time and compassion
- Pray that God would reveal those in your path today that are hurting.
- When prompted pause to ask questions or do something kind for those you realize who are hurting or in need.
Strategy 3: Humbly serving others
- Look for someone that is unlikely to be able to give anything in return to you and ask for God to reveal a way that you might unselfishly serve them.
- Do that each day for 1 week.
“About My Father’s Business” by Regi Campbell
“The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace”by Gary Chapman and Paul White
To view additional Employee Strategies click here.
To take the next step in the FIRE in the Workplace journey click here.